Thursday, September 27, 2018

Exploring Skiathos Town

Although the weather has turned rather chilly and very overcast, we went into Skiathos Town on the bus to explore it a bit.  On cold days like this the bus gets very crowded and one is lucky to even get on let alone score a seat.


The harbour is very pretty.


The main street with its nice green foliage.  We shopped and found a couple of nice pieces of art.  There are two shops I would highly recommend.  One is Aquarius: Handmade Jewellery and Interior Designs where I bought a delightful new small bronze statute to add to my collection.  It is on a corner just off the main street in the town.  The other shop is called Eliatoras, in one of the lane ways.  The contents of this shop is more difficult to describe.  There are many nice things: artefacts, scarves, paintings and other nice pieces.  I bought a decorated wooden shoe horn which would not be to everyone's taste, but I liked it very much.


This was the most amazing dessert I saw in a restaurant window.  A chocolate surprise 😄😄😄


A house with vividly painted doors and shutters.  In fact, it was a lilac but it comes out as a blue colour.





We climbed the hill to a church perched at the top and saw the harbour from there.  So pretty that I have to post two photos, one closer up than the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment